Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Our baby girl's new room!

Today Mom, Bobane, and I spent the day painting and decorating Carington's room. I've been looking forward to decorating for a little girl for a long time! It was a little sad to see Noah's baby blue gone, but so exciting to be ready for our baby girl. Thankyou so much to Mom and Bobane for all your hard work, and for saving me in my panic when Noah dumped the container of paint! Thankyou to my sister Kimi for sharing your girl's crib bedding. I know it is so special to you and it is perfect!
The Kinyarwandan words on her door are very special to us. The horizontal word is Iribagiza which means we praise the Lord because you are a blessing. The vertical word is Imbabazi which means a place where you will receive all the love and care a mother would give.
Her room is done. Her closet is stocked with adorable girly clothes. We've gotten our anti-malaria prescriptions. Greg and I have both had our travel shots, (which Greg had a reaction to today but he is ok now). We are just waiting to hear word of when our court date is so we can buy tickets! Hold on baby girl, your family is coming soon!



1 comment:

  1. How precious! We both get baby girls! :) I'm so happy for you - and the room looks great!
    Love
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete