Wednesday, March 17, 2010

New Dog

It has been 9 months since our beloved Brutus died. Today we finally got a new dog. She is a sweet heart. We got her from a local shelter, she had been there for 2 months. I'm shocked and very pleased that she is well behaved. I've been missing having a dog so much and really wanted one, but I was nervous that it would be to much for us right now. I'm happy to say that it looks like God lead us to just the right dog for our needs.

I was very surprised that Aiden actually started to grieve for Brutus today. When Brutus died I think he was so busy trying to hold his mama together that he never got a chance to grieve himself! It has been really sad and also really sweet to see him working through his emotions today. He is so excited about the new dog but it is bringing up so many memories for him. He told me tonight, "I miss Brutus the most because he and I were best buddies." I love this sensitive boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment