Thursday, January 28, 2010

More Emotional Overload

The last 2 nights we have had a time getting Carington to go to sleep. She is just so happy to have room to move that when we lay her down on our big bed she gets all excited. She rolls around and smiles and giggles. She crawls up on us and tries to get us to laugh. She sticks out her tongue and rocks on all fours. We have seen a huge improvement in her mobility and trunk control already. After seeing her crib yesterday I was very surprised at how small it was. The babies very rarely, if ever, leave the room they are in. Carington is just to excited to have space that she cannot seem to fall asleep!

I had warned my family before we left not to expect to much from her when we come home. I said she might not show much personality for a while. Boy was I wrong. This little girl has got personality to spare! I am so impressed with how well she has handled all of the changes, especially knowing that most of her life was spent in one room and one small crib.

This morning she had an episode of inconsolable crying for about 1 1/2 hours. I think it is her teeth. She is getting her first 4 teeth all at once! Once the motrin kicked in she turned into her smiley sociable self again.

Big surprise - we had another emotional day. (Sarcasm intended)
We visited the Genocide Memorial this morning. It is difficult for me to comprehend the horrible things that happened so recently here. I thought I did pretty well with controlling my emotion until we entered a room dedicated to the memory of all the children that were killed. There were pictures of some of the kids with information about them such as their favorite food or song. At the end of the list was the way they died. It was overwhelming. I broke down into all out sobbing. Outside were mass graves. 250,000 people are burried there.

After this we were supposed to go shopping, but with the emotion of yesterday and then this morning we all decided that we were done for today. We spent the afternoon taking much needed naps and then went out for a nice dinner. Tomorrow we will go visit the places that our children were found and find out what, if any, other information is known about our children. I hope that there is more to know about our daughter. If not, I am content with knowing that God lead us to her and that now she is where she was meant to be.







No comments:

Post a Comment