Friday, January 8, 2010

Officially, Legally, Forever Ours!!!

This morning we received word that we have passed court, meaning that the judge ruled that Carington Susan Carine Maddox (formerly Berwa Carine) is officially our daughter!

OUR DAUGHTER! Those words are so sweet. Not only that, but all 9 families who will be traveling together passed court and 12 children now have forever families. We confirmed our tickets today and we are leaving in 2 weeks. We will arrive in Kigali on the 23rd and meet our daughter for the first time! Words cannot accurately describe the joy and relief of knowing that she is ours and no one can take her away! Our POA, who is a wonderful Christian woman, wrote this quote in her email after she informed us that we had passed court, "Born not from our flesh, but born in our hearts, you were longed for and wanted and loved from the start." I love that and I cry when I read it, because it rings so true in my heart.

I am so thankful and filled with praise today. God's leading has been so amazing. I began researching adoption "just out of curiosity" one year ago today. If I'd only known then that one year later I would have a daughter. We also learned that she came to the orphanage on January 12, 2009. God was preparing a place for her in our hearts and family even then.

These pictures start from earliest to most recent. The one of the boys is when we celebrated Carington's birthday on December the 13th. The last picture was taken just today, the day that she became a part of our family.

Thank you God for all of the children you've given me, two you grew under my heart and one you grew in it! Your timing and your plan is so perfect!




































































































































































































































































































































3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Daughters are very special - I'm glad you'll get to meet yours soon. - Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our friends, the Hackers, wrote of your good news on their blog! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cried as I read this. Thank you for sharing. MeLanie Powers-Boyd (now Walkowiak)

    ReplyDelete