Friday, February 5, 2010

WE ARE COMING HOME!!!!

This morning I was a little anxious waiting for word about our visas. We had a meeting at 10 in the lobby and our POA said, “good news, 4 of you are approved but we don’t know which 4. We need one parent from each family to come with me to the embassy and see what we can find out. I came back to our room to get Carington to nap while Greg went to the embassy. I started to pack up a few things and then sat down with my Bible. Becky Fisher said at breakfast this morning, “God doesn’t care so much about whether or not we go home today, what He cares about is our attitude.” So I determined to have a good attitude. I read Psalm 63:3 “Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.” I spent some time praising God and praying for a good outcome. I promised God I would praise him no matter what happened today. A few minutes later the phone rang and Suzanne Watson informed me that we all are approved and the Dad’s will be back in about an hour with our visas! I think God just used this stressful time to teach us all to trust Him and praise Him no matter what.
One thing this whole adoption process has taught me is the awesomeness of God. I am overwhelmed and overcome with emotion when I think about how He has led. To think that the God of the universe cared enough about me to give me a daughter. That He cared enough about a premature orphan in an impoverished country to give her a family. And that He led so clearly to bring us together from opposite sides of the world. There are no words to describe the God we serve. His love is better than life!
Aiden and Noah we miss you like crazy and we will see you TOMORROW!

1 comment:

  1. You summed up my feelings about the awesomeness of God so well! Your story reminds me so much of how we saw God's faithfulness displayed over and over again on our trip to Cooper. We will be praying for your safe travels. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete